Tramadol is a medication prescribed to patients to relieve pain. The pain can be from moderate to moderately severe. The pill is fast acting usually having results within an hour. The drug is categorized under Schedule IV prescription-only drugs in the US and in most other countries like Australia and UK. In case you do not have time to visit your General Practitioner, the drug can be bought online. But buying Tramadol can be a tricky business. Be informed of the following facts regarding buying Tramadol online safely:
1. Getting an online Prescription
The online pharmacy will require that you fill a form prior to receiving your prescription. The form will require your medical history, details of any medicals which you are currently on and basic health information. The information you provide will then be processed to ensure that it is safe for you to take Tramadol. This analysis will be done by an online doctor and the patient will be charged a fee for this consultation. Once the prescription is given for the correct dose of Tramadol, the patient can proceed to buy the Tramadol from the online store.
2. Choosing the right pharmacy
To ensure that the medication you order is authentic, first thing is to ensure the pharmacy is legitimate. Look for NABP approved pharmacies which carry VIPPS stamp. This will ensure that the pharmacy is verified. The following are some of the red flags to identify a fake pharmacy:
- It’s located outside the United States and does not specify location
- It does not appear on the published list of state board verified pharmacies available at the website of the
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- It does not have a licensed doctor or pharmacist available online
- It does not require any prescription to buy Tramadol
- The website does not provide contact information or any customer service
- The online pharmacy keeps sending emails which are unsolicited by the customer
3. Protecting yourself
A study conducted by the FDA reported that only 3 to 4% of online pharmacies are genuine. These fake or rogue online pharmacies can sell you Tramadol which is not genuine and can cause harm to your health. These pills can resemble the reals ones accurately and the consumer is very easily misled. The following are some of the discrepancies that can be faced:
- The Tramadol is contaminated.
- The drug is a placebo and does nothing to help the pain.
- The drug has ingredients which lead to harmful side effects.
- The pill has the wrong composition or no active ingredients.
- The drug is improperly packed and stored
Official manufactures of Tramadol
Tramadol comes under various trade names. These are Ultram, Ultram ER, and Conzip. Additionally, it is available in combination with acetaminophen under the trade names Ultracet. Though Tramadol might be manufactured in other countries under other trade names it is smart for the consumer to be aware of the drug being sold under names not listed above. Research the pill and manufactures completely before purchasing Tramadol under other brand names.